Overhead Magnetic Separator Belts
Overhead or Overband magnetic separators suspend above belt or vibratory conveyors, magnetically lifting ferrous metals out of bulk material. They are used for steel recovery; or protecting processing equipment, removing damaging tramp metal that can cause costly repairs and downtime.
- Cleats are hot vulcanized to the base belt for a bond the full width of the cleats, making them an integral part of the belt top cover.
- Bolted metal cleats, should they be pulled loose can cause damage to other equipment or belts.
- Belt length and width and number of cleats are custom made to your system’s requirements.
- Stainless steel non-magnetic hinged mechanical fasteners riveted to the belt for the greatest durability and strength. Stainless steel also benefits in that it does not interfere with the system magnet. (Vulcanized endless style and super screw also available)
- Heavy duty rubber and urethane belts available
Eddy Current Magnetic Separator Belts
Eddy Current Separators use powerful rare earth magnets for recovering aluminum and other non-ferrous metals from recyclables, plastics, glass, automotive shredder residue and material processed at composting or waste-to-energy facilities.
- Belts are available in both polyurethane and PVC covers with cross cleats, flanges, sidewalls and guides
- Non-magnetic fasteners available for easier installation.
- Replacement belts manufactured for Steinert, Dings, Walker Magnetics, Bunting Magnetics and Eriez
Optical Sorter Separating Belts
Bi-State Rubber manufactures replacement belts using PVC, urethane and rubber for optical sorting conveyors that use cameras and lasers to sort material by color, size, shape, and structural and chemical composition.